Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I found this recipe in a book that I bought at the check-stand, and have had it forever! So, I decided to try it an it's super! I have to laugh at myself, because I've had the book for about 10 years. Hope you will like it too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp, large, and unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 1⁄2 ounces canned chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Cook shrimp, garlic, and ginger in oil in a large skillet over med.-high heat. stirring constantly, about 8 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine broth and next 7 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Add to shrimp mixture, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, cook 1 minute. Stir in sesame oil, green onions, and cilantro; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately, with rice.