Recipe by Margi
This dish originated in Sointula, British Columbia, Canada. It is a quick, simple yet elegant and delicious dish.
Top Review by swingncocoa
Really fantastic and easy recipe! I adapted mine for the grill like so: Combine soy sauce, lemon, garlic and brown sugar and marinate the salmon for 15-30 min. Put the salmon on the grill and put the leftover marinade in a sauce pan over high heat to thicken. When the salmon is done, pour sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with parsley and chives.
My method made barely enough sauce for two salmon steaks, so adjust accordingly.
Thank you so much for sharing!
- 5 -6 lbs fresh whole salmon or 5 -6 lbs frozen salmon
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 F Fillet salmon, leaving skin on.
- Place fillets, skin side down on a buttered pan.
- Drizzle soya sauce over fillets.
- Sprinkle granulated garlic and brown sugar over salmon Bake 1 hour at 350 F Garnish with parsley and sliced lemon.
- **This can also be Barbequed over medium heat and cooked until white juices appear on the top of the flesh**** I have also baked this using a whole cleaned salmon, for a nice pesentation.