Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish originated in Sointula, British Columbia, Canada. It is a quick, simple yet elegant and delicious dish.
- 5 -6 lbs fresh whole salmon or 5 -6 lbs frozen salmon
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Preheat oven 350 F Fillet salmon, leaving skin on.
- Place fillets, skin side down on a buttered pan.
- Drizzle soya sauce over fillets.
- Sprinkle granulated garlic and brown sugar over salmon Bake 1 hour at 350 F Garnish with parsley and sliced lemon.
- **This can also be Barbequed over medium heat and cooked until white juices appear on the top of the flesh**** I have also baked this using a whole cleaned salmon, for a nice pesentation.
Really fantastic and easy recipe! I adapted mine for the grill like so: Combine soy sauce, lemon, garlic and brown sugar and marinate the salmon for 15-30 min. Put the salmon on the grill and put the leftover marinade in a sauce pan over high heat to thicken. When the salmon is done, pour sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with parsley and chives.
My method made barely enough sauce for two salmon steaks, so adjust accordingly.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Hello from Cranbrook! This was so easy and tasty. Now I won't hesitate to make Salmon for supper. Who said fast can't taste good and be healthy! I followed the recipe exactly, but must admit I drizzled a very tiny bit of maple syrup on my kids serving so my very young eaters wouldn't complain and I got asked for seconds : ) I'm one very happy mom Thank You so much Margi for a Awesome recipe from the other end of BC (thumbs up)
Greetings from Port Alice!!! Wonderful dish....easy to make and delicious....My advice: make more than you think....seconds helpings are unavoidable!!! :-)