Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The ingredients can be varied and be made to your liking. I love this! It was found on the Martha Stewart web site.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- all-purpose flour, for shaping dough
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough, fresh (if frozen) or 1 lb thawed pizza dough (if frozen)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach, washed & rinsed
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat grill to medium.
- Brush a large rimless baking sheet (or an inverted rimmed sheet) with 1 tablespoon oil.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll and stretch dough to two 8-inch ovals or rounds.
- Transfer to prepared sheet.
- Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Transfer dough to grill.
- Cook, without turning over, until undersides are firm and begin to char, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using tongs and a large spatula, place crusts on baking sheet, grilled side up.
- Scatter crusts with tomatoes, scallion whites, and cheese; season with salt and pepper, and slide back onto grill.
- Cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and cheese begins to melt, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, avocado, scallion greens, vinegar, and remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Pile mixture onto pizzas; halve, and serve.
This is an awesome meal. To save time, I used pre-made pizza crusts and to add protein, used grilled chicken. So quick and great for hot days. This one will become a regular!
This is such a great recipe. My husband and I eat this about once a week in the summer time. Sometimes we add grilled shrimp for extra protein.