Recipe by Abby Girl
This rub would work wonders for salmon or steelhead trout, done on a grilling plank. It would also enhance chicken and vegetables
Top Review by PhillyTex
This one is a winner! I was a little surprised to see how much tarragon and basil were in the recipe but I followed it to a tee, and I'm glad I did. I tried it on a 1.5# steelhead fillet, grilled on a plank, as Abby Girl suggested. The flavors from the cedar plank and the rub married up beautifully and really heightened the flavor of the fish. I was a little heavy-handed with the rub (used about 1/4 of the recipe on the fillet) and I would recommend using about half of that unless you like your food heavily seasoned. <br/><br/>Can't wait to try this on chicken!
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 3 lbs salmon (or steelhead trout)
- cedar plank, soak for a minimum of 1 hour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cedar Plank: the longer you soak the plank the more uses you have out of it. They can be used a number of times as long as they are not too charred and the fish fits on the plank.
- Rub: Combine the ingredients and sprinkle over the fish. Grill for 15 - 20 minutes or until the fish flakes.