Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter recently bought me some vintage cookbooks. This recipe came from Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish, published in 1965. Serve with rolls and a salad for a great quick meal!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cauliflower
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- Cook cauliflower and peas in 1" boiling water until just tender; drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat soup, milk, salt, and pepper over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cauliflower, peas, and shrimp and heat through.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.
What a simple, tasty recipe. I made it as directed and grabbed the last can of cream of shrimp soup off of the grocery shelf, lol. I used fresh cauliflower because I had some on hand and served it over rice. Thanks for a nice dinner loof. Congrats again on your Divisional Football win!
Yummy, This is oh so tasty. I couldn't find any of the shrimp soup so I used cream of celery after talking with the posting chef. I also used fresh cauliflower because I had it on hand. I used it as a main dish but in smaller servings this would be a great appetizer. Thanks loof this was great. :D