I think I picked this recipe up from one of Maida Heatter's books. Wherever it came from, these are lovely, sophisticated brownies that have a kiss of espresso flavor, making them a perfect adult treat and a sure thing for garnering compliments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup espresso powder
- 1 cup sweet butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (or any nuts you like) or 2/3 cup pecans (or any nuts you like)
- 1Line a 9 x 13" baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with Pam.
- 2Cream butter, sugars, beating well.
- 3Add eggs, Kahlua, vanilla and espresso powder.
- 4Add chocolate, then dry ingredients, nuts and chocolate chips.
- 5Turn mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees farenheit for 25 minutes. The brownies will feel very soft when done. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 7Let brownies cool in pan for 15 minutes then move to cool on a wire rack.
- 8Wrap each brownie in wax paper, cellophane or fancy foil squares found in the candy making section.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for West Coast Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 129.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g