Recipe by Little Bee
This is my Contribution for the Zarr World Tour. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds good! Tell me what you think,
Top Review by rosslare
This turned out to be a really flavourful dish, after a few changes and an addition. I used butter and only about 2 tbs. I added all the sauce ingredients to the frying pan with the onions and continued to cook them until all was well blended. I only used 4 oz tomato paste, anything more would have totally overpowered the subtle peanut flavour. There was still something missing, so I added 2 tbs curry paste, and voila! Fantastic! Just what was needed. Then, carried on in oven as instructed. Worthy all 5 stars after these little alterations, for us.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts or 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (heated to simmering)
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- black pepper
- red cayenne pepper
- chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken skins; wash and pat dry.
- Brown chicken in oil, a few pieces at a time, and remove from heat.
- Brown onion and garlic; remove from heat.
- Place chicken, onion, and garlic in casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, blend chicken broth, peanut butter, and tomato paste. Add seasonings and chopped peanuts; pour over chicken.
- Bake covered, 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Serves 4.