My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (I use extra lean)
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables, cooked (I use the peas, carrots and corn mix)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mixed red and green sweet pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 beef bouillon cube, cube
- 1Mix all spices, diced bell peppers and diced onion, with ground meat thoroughly, and brown the meat in 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet until meat is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- 2Once ground beef is cooked, add the diced cooked potatoes and heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Taste meat mixture and adjust amount of spices according to taste.
- 4To make dough: Sift together dry ingredients and cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly.
- 5While mixing with a wooden spoon, add water a tablespoon at a time until dough holds together in a ball(you may need more or less water than stated depending on humidity of your flour)
- 6(If the dough crumbles, add a little more water by drops until the particles adhere).
- 7When dough comes together into a ball, lightly flour your work surface (counter top or cutting board) and roll out the dough until 1/8 inch thick.
- 8Cut out 6-8 inch circles (while working with dough, if dough becomes sticky or too soft put in refridgerator for 10 minutes to cool).
- 9Place two teaspoons of meat stuffing in ceter of pastry cut outs.
- 10Moisten the edges of the dough with water and fold the top half of the dough circle over the filling (into a half circle) and pinch edges together with a fork to seal.
- 11Once all patties are formed, lightly brush the tops with beaten egg.
- 12Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for West African Meat Pies/Patties
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.6
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 817.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.6 g