- 2 lbs lean beef, cubed
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon unsalted dry roasted peanuts, ground into powder
- 1 -2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, ground to powder
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, blanched peeled and pureed
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce or 1 tablespoon chili paste
- wine (for sauce) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from meat.
- Mix seasoning ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine the meat and half the seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for at least one hour before grilling.
- Skewer the seasoned meat alternately with the bell pepper and grill till cooked and browned on both sides.
- Remove the skewered meat and peppers from the heat, sprinkle with powdered peanuts and serve.
- Note: you can use leftover seasoning to make a sauce by adding 1/4 cup wine and heating to thicken. Pour over kebabs.