Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
Mmmm… frothy and tasty. With its smooth, strong full-bodied taste this drink is popular in Ghana and also with West African ex-pats in London. Its origins are North African. The rum is a local addition! It makes a great nightcap - a nice way of winding down after a hard day's work or a special meal. Recipe courtesy of www.africanoz.com.au
Top Review by Starrynews
Rich, creamy, and frothy! This really makes the lovely chocolate flavor the star of the show. We very much enjoyed this, and no additional dessert was needed! Thanks for sharing.
- 500 ml whole milk
- 100 g best quality organic dark chocolate, broken into small pieces (also called bitter chocolate as it is produced without sugar)
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (try to use real extract)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 15 -30 ml dark rum, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan then add the chocolate, along with the honey, sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Heat and stir gently until the chocolate melts. Add the vanilla and rum.
- Remove the cinnamon stick just before serving in two large mugs.
- Extra sugar can be added to taste.