Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
Top Review by Mrs. Duncan Mahogany
Thank you so much for posting this recipe NurseDi. The flavor is amazing and even tho we used chicken thighs with skin on and then removed skin before eating, the time this rub took to marinate the meat, the flavor has permeated the meat and made it quite tasty! While grilling, my son came out onto the deck and declared...."It smells like Africa out here!". Thanks for the great recipe.
- 8 (4 ounce) chicken thighs (with bone and skin, about 4 ounces each)
For the paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the paste: in a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and cayenne; whisk in the canola oil.
- Trim the chicken thighs of any excess skin and fat; rinse under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Coat chicken thighs with the paste; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-8 hours.
- Sear the chicken thighs, skin side down over Direct Medium heat for 4 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time.
- Continue grilling over Indirect Medium heat for about 30-40 minutes or until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink; serve warm.