1/2 Photos of Wes' Super Awesome Pea Salad
I got this recipe from my buddy Wes which was a dish that his grandmother always made. People are sometimes afraid to try this 'cause the ingredients may seem strange, but I'm telling you, it's AWESOME! And once they try it they can't get enough. Also, don't be afraid of the canned peas, they really do work better than fresh or frozen. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for larger groups. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cans of peas in fridge to chill for a couple of hours, this will help them to set up and not turn to mush when mixing.
- 2Dice red onion and cucumber about the same size as the peas.
- 3Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. You may want to taste it to make sure there is a good amount of salt and pepper.
- 4This can be served right away or left to sit for a couple hours. It tends to get runny if left to sit too long though.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wes' Super Awesome Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 373.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g