Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy side dish for those of us who love mushrooms and moderately spicy food. I have no idea where the name for this comes from, but that's the title as I found it.
- 20 ounces fresh mushrooms, rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon texas pete hot sauce or 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt, to taste
- Cut the mushrooms in half and set aside.
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, hot sauce, paprika, and salt to taste in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and gently toss to coat with butter.
- Add the garlic and sauté mushrooms and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce mixture and gently stir to coat mushrooms.
- Raise heat to medium-high, cover, and stir every few minutes until the butter separates from the sauce and the mushrooms are coated with a heavy caramel-like glaze.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms to a serving dish.
- Discard remaining sauce and serve immediately.
I love fried mushrooms and this recipe is the best. It's very spicy and we liked it. Thanks Two Socks :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Delicious! Even to a mushroom-hater! I loved the name so I had to try the recipe. I had 16 oz of mushrooms, half regular & half baby bellos so I reduced the amount of Worcestershire to about 3/4 cup but didn't reduce anything else. I love that these are like, mushrooms in disguise. LOL They have great savory flavor with just the right amount of kick from the cayenne & hot sauce. I'll be making them again, as the whole family loved them. Thanks for posting, Two Socks! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Hey There-these were so yummy. I finished the remainder cold this morning. Easy recipe, fast to make, great side for steak or on mashed taters-loved the slight kick!!!!!!! Really enjoyed them!