Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm trying to clean out our freezer and cabinets in anticipation of our move. This is what I created when I decided to make cookies! Dense and tasty, we all enjoyed these. Feel free to use regular sugar or white flour. This makes a large batch but I really enjoy eating them frozen.
- 4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sucanat (unrefined cane sugar)
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pureed prune baby food
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) bag peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a very large bowl mix the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and baking soda, cocoa powder and sucanat.
- Add in the eggs, prune puree, pumpkin, and maple syrup; mix well.
- Pour in the chips and mix.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes a sheet, until firm. Let cool.