Recipe by less2saw
Another all time household favorite from "the Best of Bridge" series. Going Bananas is an excellent bread, and our fmaily has enjoyed it for years. 12 minutes to mix, and 60 minutes to bake and the rest is history.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Very nice. DH loves anything banana and this was rated by him as "a keeper" I did cut down a bit on the cinnamon and allspice, delicious all the smae! Thank you for the post! Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a bundt pan or 2 large loaf pans (8"X4"X3").
- Beat the sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Mix in the oil.
- Sift the dry ingredients togethr and add to the creamed mixture.
- Beat in the bananas (if they are very ripe) or mash them and mix in if the are on the less ripe side. (2 cups is approximately 4 small bananas).
- Mix in the raisins. (I like to soak the raisins for about 30 minutes in warm water then dredge in flour so they won't sink during baking).
- Pour this mixture into a bundt pan, and spread out evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 minutes or until done (test with a toothpick, if it comes out dry the cake is done).
- TURN OUT OF THE PAN WHEN THE CAKE IS COOL.