Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is what we threw together for dinner one night when we had no money to shop! It turned out so well and now we have it often. It tastes like Hamburger Helper. My son who swears he doesn't like peas or mac and cheese ate this up and went back for thirds!! The mashed peas add a little more 'liquid', so it may be a little dry if you substitute regular peas. I'll be trying this with tuna later. this week :)
- 30 ounces boxed macaroni and cheese mix
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3⁄4 lb cooked ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mashed peas baby food
- Cook mac and cheese according to package (drain, add butter and milk).
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat through. Salt and pepper as needed.