Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I love Wensleydale and fruit this pate is delicious! I'm going to try it soon with pears. From Sainsbury's supermarket. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and neatly diced
- 125 g wensleydale cheese, crumbled finely
- 65 g full-fat cream cheese
- 40 g walnuts, crushed
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the apple and cook very gently until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Beat together the two cheeses and carefully fold through the cooked apples and butter.
- Chill the mixture for about an hour, until firm enough to handle.
- Form into two barrels, each about 11 X 2.5cm. Roll in the crushed nuts and chill again for at least 1 hour.
- Slice the rolls fairly thinly.
- Goes very well with toasted granary bread.