Recipe by princess buttercup
COPY OF THIS OH SO YUMMY SALAD! (45 minutes if you have to cook chicken from fresh) From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by sugarpea
I don't know what Wendy's salad tastes like but this one is fantastic. I did make a few changes. Used 1/4c honey - no corn syrup, cider rather than white vinegar, olive oil, and water chestnuts for crunch since I didn't have rice noodles on hand. Delicious, princess buttercup.
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
MANDARIN CHICKEN SALAD
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups canned mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup rice noodles
- 1 cup roasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except vegetable oil and sesame seeds in a blender on high speed.
- Slowly add oil to mixture (to create an emulsion).
- Add sesame seeds and blend for just a couple seconds.
- Pour dressing into a covered container (such as a dressing cruet) and chill until needed.
- (1 1/2 CUPS DRESSING) Rub each chicken breast fillet with oil, then lightly salt and pepper each piece.
- Grill on medium/high heat until done.
- Chill chicken breasts in refrigerator.
- When chicken is cold, build each salad by first arranging about 4 cups of iceberg lettuce in the bottom of a large salad bowl or on a plate.
- Arrange a cup of red leaf lettuce on the iceberg lettuce.
- Dice each chicken breast into bite-size pieces and sprinkle the pieces from each one over each salad.
- Arrange about 1/3 cup of mandarin orange wedges on each salad.
- Next, sprinkle about 1/4 cup of rice noodles and 1/4 cup of roasted sliced almonds on top of each salad.
- Add desired amount of sesame dressing and serve.