Cook1 hr 30 mins
For fast food lovers from an online source posted in response to a recipe request.
Make and share this Wendy's Copycat Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (more if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot.
- Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.