From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. A clone for one of Wendy's Fresh Stuffed Pitas--this is an adopted recipe that I've not yet had the chance to try. Please review if you get to it before I do! Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon dry unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 dash parsley
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash basil
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 pita breads
- 1Make the dressing by first dissolving the gelatin in the water.
- 2Heat the mixture in the microwave on high for two minutes or until it begins to boil rapidly.
- 3Add the vinegar, then whisk while adding the oil.
- 4Add bell pepper, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire, black pepper, parsley, oregano, thyme and basil.
- 5Let dressing cool for about 15 minutes before adding cheeses and egg substitute.
- 6Whisk until slightly thicker, then chill.
- 7Overnight refrigeration makes the dressing thicker.
- 8Make the Greek topping for the sandwiches by combining the crumbled feta cheese, tomato, cucumber, and red onion in a small bowl.
- 9Prepare the salad by combining the romaine lettuce, red cabbage and shredded carrot in a large bowl and toss.
- 10Prepare the sandwiches by first microwaving each pita for 20 seconds.
- 11Fold each pita in half like a taco, then add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the romaine salad into the bread.
- 12Add 1/2 to 1/3 cup of the greek topping to each sandwich.
- 13Pour about a tablespoon of dressing over each sandwich and serve.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wendy's Classic Greek Fresh Stuffed Pita by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.6
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 1018.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g