Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this on topsecretrecipes and I am here to say, if you like Wendy's chili, you could put this side by side and not tell the difference! Thank you all for you comments, I am not a premium member yet so I can't email so I just wanted to say thanks!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced green chilis (2 chilis, I use the small can of green chilis)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (I use one can diced tomato)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off fat.
- Using a fork, crumble the beef into pea size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring every so often, for 2-3 hours.
- For spicier chili, add 1/2 teaspoons more black pepper. For much spicier chili, add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and a tablespoon cayenne. (We like it hot, so I added 5-6 jalepeno peppers.
- Leftovers can be frozen for several months.
OMG this chili was gooooood!! Thanks for posting!
Made many a time very good and of course easy!!! Freezes well.
Wasn't exactly like Wendy's, but then again we did make a few changes throughout the recipe. This was the best chili recipe we've tried in a while and we will use this recipe again! Our most notable change was using two serrano peppers and that added a nice heat and flavor to the chili.