Recipe by Aloof - The weekend Chef
This is a variation of Wendy's Chili published by Pam Walk, www.food.com Top Secret Recipes Version of Wendy's Chili by Todd Wilbur Wendy's Chili. Adapted to 6 servings.
Top Review by loof
This is a delicious chili recipe! Rich and thick with just the right spiciness. Easy to make too - just brown the ground beef and throw everything else in. The long simmering time resulted in a thick chili full of flavor - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 822.13 g can tomato sauce
- 822.13 g can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 236.59 ml red onion, diced (1 medium Red onion)
- 118.29 ml jalapeno, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 59.14 ml celery, diced (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 9.85-14.78 ml cumin powder
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml chipotle paste
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water or 473.18 ml chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef.
- Add tomato sauce, kidney beans, onion, jalapenos, garlic cloves, celery, tomatoes, brown sguar, cumin, chili powder, chipotle paste, pepper, salt, and water or chicken stock.
- Simmer for 2 or 3 hours over low heat.
- Serve in bowls with nachos around and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Goes well with Swedish Pripps beer or, if needed, Bud will do.
- Great for those Sundays (when you wished you'd stayed at home on Saturday) watching tons of movies.