Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a variation of Wendy's Chili published by Pam Walk, www.food.com Top Secret Recipes Version of Wendy's Chili by Todd Wilbur Wendy's Chili. Adapted to 6 servings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup red onion, diced (1 medium Red onion)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken stock
- Brown ground beef.
- Add tomato sauce, kidney beans, onion, jalapenos, garlic cloves, celery, tomatoes, brown sguar, cumin, chili powder, chipotle paste, pepper, salt, and water or chicken stock.
- Simmer for 2 or 3 hours over low heat.
- Serve in bowls with nachos around and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Goes well with Swedish Pripps beer or, if needed, Bud will do.
- Great for those Sundays (when you wished you'd stayed at home on Saturday) watching tons of movies.
This is a delicious chili recipe! Rich and thick with just the right spiciness. Easy to make too - just brown the ground beef and throw everything else in. The long simmering time resulted in a thick chili full of flavor - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009