Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, Ground
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can onion soup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 cans kidney beans, undrained
- 6 teaspoons tomato paste
- 15 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 cups V8 vegetable juice
- Brown beef in oil.
- Break meat into tiny rice size pieces.
- Place onion soup and half of cooked beef into a blender and process on high speed until it resembles cement mortar.
- Place with unblended beef into 2-1/2 qt saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until flavors are blended.
i browned the ground beef and then mixed everything together in the croc pot and let it simmer for about 2-3 hours. it was wonderful!!
we made it along with 2 others but I didn't write my comments down so just reviewing as a tried recipe
I have tried many Chili recipes and this one was the best. I did not do the blender thing but it still turned out wonderful!!!! I added extra spices to make it hotter, but the consistency and flavor were excellent. I would give it a try!!