Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty one pot meal. The kids really love this one. We make it a lot.
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 quart tomatoes, with juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup catsup
- 5 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In dutch oven heat oil, cook onions and peppers.
- Add hamburger, cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT macaroni.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni.
- Mix well.
Great recipe!!Instead of elbow macaroni I used krinkly egg noodles and I also added a couple a splashes of worerstershire sauce.I even impressed my hungry man husband!Thanks.
Hey! This is Bec! I made this for dinner tonight...it took longer than it said, but things always do. Despite the time, it turned out wonderfully. It was a great way to stretch a pound of ground beef, and still be filling. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! Especially for those on a budget...it EASILY fed my family of 4, and I still have about half of it for leftovers! I followed the directions as written, just added a small can of mushrooms and my DH put some shredded cheese on top of his. Incase anyone is wondering, 5 c. cooked noodles is about 2 1/2 c. dry. Very filling and satisfying meal.