Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is not my recipe but from Super Food Ideas submitted by a reader.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 lamb chops
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Whisk tomato sauce, wine, mustard, and worcestershire sauce in a jug.
- Place flour, sugar, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil in heavy based oven-proof dish over high heat. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add capsicum and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Coat chops in flour mixture and cook for 2 minutes until brown each side.
- Top chops with vegetable mixture and sauce mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes to 40 minutes until tender. Maybe uncover the last 5 minutes to brown.
This turned out to be quite nice - but I made a few changes. Instead of tomato sauce I peeled some cherry tomatoes from our garden & blended them, adding S&P, pinch of sugar and spoon of tomato paste. I used 1/2 cup stock instead of wine. Didn't use so much sugar in the flour mix. I served this with roasted Kipfler potatoes, but I think mashed potatoes would have been better. Could even serve with rice.