Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the book Czech and Slovak Touches. Recipe from Anna Kenjar
Make and share this Wenceslaus Square Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup lard or 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 lbs lean pork, cut into cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cups water
- In a large skillet melt lard, then saute onion and celery.
- Add meat and fry until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add bay leaves, tomato juice, caraway seed, wine, salt and paprika, stirring to coat evenly.
- Add water, cover and simmer without stirring for 30 minutes.
- Serve over dumplings.