Recipe by Olha
(bruh-th’ll ah chig mohnk) It is said the Welsh love this dish for the smoky, salty flavor sliced bacon adds to the freshwater sweetness of trout. Serve it with peas and carrots, or with buttered beans.
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 (5 ounce) drawn whole trout
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange bacon in single layer in broiler pan. Cook uncovered in 400°F oven for 10 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle inside of fish with 2 tablespoons parsley, the salt and pepper. Arrange fish in single layer on bacon in pan. Cover and cook until fish flakes easily with fork, about 20 minutes. Split fish down center along backbone; remove as many bones as possible. Serve each fish with 2 bacon slices. Garnish with parsley. 6 servings.
- Betty Crocker’s New international Cookbook.