- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons hot water (more, if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter thoroughly adding sugar and working together until well mixed.
- Add nuts; mix.
- Sift flour and gradually work it into mixture until the consistency of short pastry.
- Do not roll dough, but press lightly into two round cakes.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Pinch edges neatly with thumb and finger to form a small ridge.
- Cover cakes with raspberry jam.
- With fork, jab tops of cakes thoroughly.
- Bake in 400°oven for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cakes.
- Cut each into 4 wedges.