1/1 Photo of Welsh Rarebit With Rabbit
Truly, I add rabbit or chicken meat to my rarebit, to serve as a hearty (and savory) main dish, thus making my rarebit a TRUE rabbit!!! Plus my kids don't have to grow up being confused about the name: rarebit or rabbit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan; add cheese, mustard and hot sauce; heat until cheese melts--stirring all the while.
- 2Gradually add the beer, stirring continuously; then add meat if using.
- 3Stir in beaten egg, until egg sets; remove from heat.
- 4Cut toast into "points" and lay two points on each plate.
- 5Pour one-sixth of the sauce over each plate; garnish with one tomato wedge.
- 6NOTE: try Monterey Jack, Swiss, mild Cheddar for different flavors!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Welsh Rarebit With Rabbit
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.1
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 294.2 mg
- Sodium 900.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 29.6 g