Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this recipe from www.campbellkitchen.com. It is something a little different and my family sure likes it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- salt (The Cheddar cheese soup provides enough salt for us. I usually don't add any.)
- Shape beef into 6 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Season patties with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook patties in skillet until browned; drain off excess fat.
- Add to skillet, soup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Heat to a boil; cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done.
- Serve on muffins with sauce.
Super dinner. I added Lipton onion soup mix to the burger (ground turkey) and a splash of Marsalla to the cheese soup. It was great!
I tried this because it seems so different, but really did not expect it to be a hit with the meat and potatoes men in this house. They loved it. Very easy and delicious. My husband and son have already asked for a repeat.
This was SOOOO good. When I was growing up in Des Moines, Iowa, Yonkers dept store cafeteria used to serve rarebit burgers. They served them with fries and poured the cheese sauce over them too---what a treat!! Thanks for posting this!