Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious dish for a light supper with a salad and some bread, or just for a snack. It's quick and easy for nights when you're too tired to really cook:)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 -8 pieces toast
- Mix all seasonings with worcestershire sauce to a smooth paste in skillet.
- Add beer and let stand over low heat until the beer is hot.
- Add cheese and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Serve over crisp toast. Enjoy!
This was good. I liked how simple it was and the cheesy sauce. Thanks Midwest Maven for a nice treat. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
My kids are now avid rarebit fans thanks to this leg of the Tour. This version was thick and rich and went down a treat. Thanks.
Don't think I've ever made this kind of topping for toast (& I'm not even a beer drinker), but this was very tasty when I served it over thick slices of well-toasted whole-grain bread! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Great Britain with ZWT6]