- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups American cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 slices toasted bread or 4 slices poached eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cheese sauce:.
- In a heavy saucepan combine shredded cheese, milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & Cayenne.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, till cheese melts.
- Slowly stir about HALF of the hot cheese mixture into 1 beaten egg; return all to remaining mixture in pan.
- Cook & stir over low heat till mixture thickens & just bubbles.
- Serve at once over toast or poached eggs.