Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are very popular meatballs in Wales. They are made from pork or beef liver, and pork butt, spices and onions.
- 2 lbs pork liver or 2 lbs beef liver, cut into large pieces
- 1 lb pork butt, cut into large pieces
- 1 lb fresh pork fat, cut into large pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, whole
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a meat grinder, grind the liver, pork, and fatback finely.
- Mix all of the ingredients together well and mold into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place them in a greased pan and add 1 cup of water.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a preheated 350 oven.