- 2 lbs leg of lamb
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 lb leek, washed and sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄2 pint stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the meat into cubes and prepare the vegetables. Melt the butter in a large pan, add the meat and fry till brown on all sides; place in a casserole dish.
- Then, fry the vegetables, add the flour, stir till brown, add the stock and stir till the mixture boils. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Add thinly pared lemon rind along with the juice of the lemon to the casserole. Cover and simmer for 2 hours at 325°F.