Recipe by Alex MacKenzie
Baby reds, diced and baked with an aromatic blend of herbs. Excellent for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinners. Don't be fooled by the ingredients, this is one that folks will ask you for the receipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, diced and boiled till just tender
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces salt pork or 4 ounces bacon, diced
- 2 -4 ounces goose liver pate
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, diced
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄3 cup strong beef stock or 1⁄3 cup bouillon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Dice potatoes into small cubes and boil until just tender.
- In Saute pan heat olive oil and add diced onion. Add bacon and cook till done but still soft. Add pate, herbs, stock, salt and pepper.
- Drain Potatoes and place in a casserole dish, stirring in ingredients from saute pan.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes.