Recipe by Elmotoo
There's a proper Welsh name for this, but I couldn't find it!
Top Review by Frugal Fifer
picked this for Virtual Culinary Cruise:British Isles and Ireland 2009. What a lovely simple and healthy meal to put together. I follow the Slimming World eating plan and this fitted in perfectly to this. I did scale down the recipe and made 2 individual dishes for lunch, I poached the chicken in some stock then added the veg 5 mins before the end of the chicken's cooking time. I used wholemeal bread crumbs and added 28g of cheddar cheese which was a lovely addition. Make sure you season the dish well - I only used pepper as often stock has a lot of salt. The smell when this was cooking was lovely and just what I needed on a cold and damp Saturday in September. Thanks for posting, will be making again soon.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh leek, chopped
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F (moderate oven).
- Cook the chicken (microwave, poach, steam or saute) and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Simmer the leeks and broccoli about 5 mins in the stock to partially cook, and then add the chicken. Put in a casserole dish, season to taste, and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Cover and place in a moderate oven for about an hour.
- Remove from the oven, remove the cover, and place under the broiler until brown. Serve straight from the casserole dish.