Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have no idea where my mom got this recipe from, but is has been one of my favorites since I was my sons age! Despite its name there is no cheese in it! This is also a great recipe to experiment with by trying diffrent jams like blueberry instead of strawberry! Also the amount of tart shells needed is sketchy, because moms recipe never says how many I need!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- strawberry jam
- 12 -15 prepared tart shells, pre-cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, vanilla, egg and sugar together.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Place small amount of jam in the bottom of tart shell Place about a tablespoon of mixture on top of jam.
- Bake for about ten minutes or until cake is golden.