Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Easy Food magazine; August/September issue.
- 225 g self raising flour
- 170 g margarine, softened
- 170 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 60 ml milk
- 100 g shortcrust pastry
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam, for filling
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Grease two 12-case bun trays.
- Place all the cake mixture ingredients into a food processor and mix until creamy, stopping halfway to scrape down mixture from the sides.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Roll out the pastry to the same thickness as for a tart base.
- Cut out rounds of pastry with a scone cutter (large enough to come up to about mid depth of a bun cup).
- Carefully place 1 level teaspoon of jam into the middle of the pastry cases (do not allow jam to touch edges of pastry). Spoon the cake mixture on top of the jam so it is level with the top of the cake tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops of the buns are golden brown.
- Remove from tins as soon as they are cool enough to touch and place on a wire cooling rack.