Recipe by bakedapple42
This recipe is from the VisitWales.com website. Some of the directions were unclear so I filled in where I could. Posted for the VCC - British Isles and Ireland event "http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=311118"
Top Review by Outta Here
Tasty little morsels! Went great with a steaming bowl of split pea soup. Note: These are small (more like a biscuit), so use a smaller muffin tin. And thanks for including the US measurements. Will be making these again. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 250 g all-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 175 g cooked bacon, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 100 g mature cheese, such as cheddar, shredded (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 65 g butter, melted (1/4 cup)
- 125 ml low-fat yogurt (1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold everything together with the lightest of touch, until just blended. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, bake in a preheated oven, gas4/180c/350f for 20-30 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Transfer onto rack to cool completely.