Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from the VisitWales.com website.
- 225 g butter
- 225 g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 340 g self raising flour
- 25 g caraway seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1 dash milk, to mix
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and gradually add the eggs. Fold in the flour along with the spices and orange flower water. If the mixture is too stiff, mix in some milk until a dropping consistency is achieved.
- Put the mixture into the tin and bake at 375F/190C/gas mark 5 for 50-60 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch.
- Remove onto rack to cool.