Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This would make a nice side for lunch. Recipe courtesy of allvegetarianrecipes.com
- 50 g butter or 50 g margarine
- 4 small leeks, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 4 parsley sprigs
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes until softened.
- Season lightly & spoon into four ramekin dishes (custard cups).
- Break an egg into each ramekin and add a spoonful of cream over each.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.