Prep 336 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request.
- Crush apples and put in large crock.
- Pour boiling water over the apples and cover with cheesecloth.
- Let stand two weeks, squeezing apples daily.
- Strain and add cloves and ginger.
- Measure liquid and add 1/2 pound of sugar to each pint of liquid; stir to dissolve.
- Add the juice of the lemons and stir.
- Cover with cheesecloth and let stand until a scum has formed on the surface (fermentation ended).
- Skim, bottle, and securely cork.
- Age for at least six months before use.