Recipe by Oolala
In a community cookbook, May, 1986. Sounds great but I bet you could use less oil. This is a 48 hour marination. Meat could be grilled or broiled.
- 1 (5 -6 lb) leg of lamb, butterflied, fat removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow dish and place lamb in the dish to marinade, coating all parts, covered. You can also use a large ziplock style plastic bag which works better.
- Allow meat to marinate 48 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Grill or broil meat 12-15 minutes per side. It will continue to cook for a few minutes after it is removed from the heat or grill.
- Meat should be pink on the inside. Do not overcook.