Recipe by Oolala
Sounds great and I don't want to lose it.
Top Review by ~Sherry~
I cooked this on the stove top instead of baking it in the oven. I brought it all to a boil and turned heat down to simmer until broth was absorbed. I found out I didn't have any Thyme after I started putting ingredients in the pan so I just made this without the Thyme and Basil. I also used brown rice instead of white rice. It was pretty good. I think I would add more lemon juice next time though and maybe even some garlic.
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- lemon rind, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a flameproof casserole, cook minced onion with the unsalted butter over low heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the rice, stir to coat with butter. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley stems, thyme, bay leaf, and salt and pepper.
- Stir and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about an hour.
- Discard bay leaf and parsley stems; fluff with fork.
- Garnish with blanched julienne lemon rind heaped in center of dish.