Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Welch's celebrated their anniversary in the 1980s and this was one of their special recipes. I tried it many years ago and really liked it then misplaced the recipe. I found it again and thought I would share.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grape jam or 1 cup grape jelly
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add sour cream. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Stir butter mixture into the flour mixture until barely blended. Stir in jam and nuts (if desired).
- Pour into a greased 7 1/2-inch tube pan and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or use an 8 1/2" springform pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- When cool, frost with Fluffy Maple Frosting or butter icing, if desired.