Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve with mashed potatoes,yumm!!
- 1 lb weisswurst sausage
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups well drained sauerkraut
- 2 cups beer
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and sliced freshly grated nutmeg salt and pepper to taste
- Sear sausages in a large hot frypan with little or no fat added.
- Drain off any accumulated fat.
- Spread onions and sauerkraut over sausages and add beer.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook about 15 to 20 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and onions are just soft.
- Add apple slices and seasonings to taste.
- Recover and cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve at once.