Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
This is a great dessert when I have no ice cream in the house! It's considerably healthier than more traditional cakes and pastries served for dessert - trick your kids into a cold dessert they can eat with a spoon!
- 1 banana (split in half)
- 3 tablespoons whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon candy sprinkles (I also alternate with crushed Oreos, Crushed graham crackers, other ice cream toppings, chopped nuts)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chocolate syrup (or strawberry)
- Split the banana.
- In a small cup, quickly stir together the cool whip and the peanut butter (making PB flavored whipped cream).
- Spread on the banana halves.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Sprinkle with assorted toppings.
- Toss it in the freezer for five minutes or so.
- Eat with a spoon and a mug of chocolate milk!
This was pretty dang good!! I was searching Zaar for a dessert for one person, and your recipe definitely fit all my needs, since I love banana splits, but was out of ice cream. After removing the banana/whipped cream from the freezer, I sprinkled it with some peanuts that I had smashed into bits, and added a squirt of caramel syrup. I didn't have any candy sprinkles, but the nuts worked out just fine. The peanut butter whipped cream was really good, and so was this dessert!! I think the flavored whipped cream would work on alot of other desserts, too. Thanks for satisfying my craving!! Teresa