Recipe by SooZee
Au Gratin packaged potatoes, weiners, cheese and veggies....very nice quick meal. This is a Betty Crocker recipe.
Top Review by LainieBug
I'm a fan of Betty Crocker's Au Gratin Potatoes and thought this was a very easy recipe to make. Enjoyed the addition of the peas, but did not care for the hog dogs with the potatoes. This was initially very soupy, but did thicken up quite a bit after being refrigerated. I think this would be more to our tastes by replacing the hot dogs with ham.
- 1 (5 ounce) package au gratin potato mix
- 2 1⁄3 cups hot water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas or 1⁄2 cup any mixed vegetables
- 6 hot dogs, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir potatoes,Sauce mix, hot water and milk in skillet.
- Stir in frozen peas or other canned or frozen vegetables.
- Heat to boiling, cover and simmer 15 minute.
- Stir occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in weiners; cover and heat 5 minutes or until weiners are hot.
- Sprinkle cheese over all.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes until cheese melts.